But, did you know about all the Health benefits of ginger and what it can do for our bodies?
Here are just a few..
Ginger and the Immune System:
- Ginger is a strong Antioxidant!
- Contains two natural antibiotics
- Helps eliminate congestion
- Aids in killing cold and flu viruses
- Ginger inhibits and can help kill cells in Ovarian cancer, Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Leukemia cells, Lung Cancer, Pancreatic, Tumors and more..
- Combats Fever, chills, headaches, diarrhea and parasites
Ginger and Circulation:
- Stimulates circulation
- May help towards prevention of Heart Attacks
- Natural blood thinning properties
- Lowers blood cholesterol levels
- Cleanses and stimulates blood
- Has been known for therapeutic properties for hypertension
Ginger and it’s Nutrients:
- High in Potassium
- Contains also Vitamins A, C, E, B-complex, magnesium, phosphorus, sodium, iron, zinc, calcium, beta-carotene
- Silicon which promotes healthy skin, hair, teeth and nails
Ginger and Weight Loss:
- Ginger fires the metabolism up! to help burn FAT
- “An Australian newspaper, The Sunday Telegraph reports that Ginger can act as an ‘edible amphetamine’ and helps to boost metabolism by approximately 20%. This is the reason why ginger has made it to the list of ‘top 10 weight loss foods’.”
- Using ginger in tea form or using it as an addition in the form of a culinary spice in various dishes can restrict fat accumulation in your body.
- Ginger produces heat in the body and dilates blood vessels just like Cayenne pepper, garlic or mustard.
- Ginger reduces Triglyceride and Cholesterol levels and therefore helps in improving cardiovascular health. It elevates the levels of high density Lipoproteins and lowers the risks of stroke and heart attack by improving the blood circulation.
- Good circulation can help in reducing fat storage levels, so get ginger into your Diet!
Ginger and the Body:
- Lungs: helps with respiratory problems, eases asthma symptoms
- Helps to promote menstrual regularity
- Helps reduce inflammation of Arthritis
- Relieves headaches
- Supports kidney health
- Topical gingerol provides protection against UVB-induced skin disorders
Ginger Tastes Great In:
- Tea (white or green)
- Stir Fries
- Baked Goods
- Comment below any of your favourite ginger foods, recipes, or things to add ginger to!
other external references used: